About:

Welcome

Little Shop of Horrors Director's Cut Blu-ray is Officially Announced!

edited June 2012 in Theater
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/warner/little-shop-horrors-makes-blu-ray-debut-27509

Well, this is fantastic news! Looks like October 9th is the big day.

Edited to add: Look like the Director's Cut is getting a DVD release as well. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/12/little-shop-of-horrors-takes-a-bite-out-of-bddvd

Comments

• This is my first post here and I am thrilled that it's this one! I have obsessed over the original ending for 26 years. October can't come fast enough!
  • I'm glad it's finally officially announced! I'm also glad there will be a DVD release since I'm one of those people who haven't bought a Blu-Ray player yet. Might have to get both for the 40-page booklet they're talking about in the articles, though. ;)
  • Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know if this is a US only release?

I've failed to find it on any non-US websites and even the UK Amazon-website says that the Blu-Ray is a US-import.

Imports are more expensive, obviously, but I wouldn't mind shelling out for the BR-disc it if it weren't for the supposed region-limits on the discs. (According to Amazon, the DVD is Region 1 and the BR is Region A. Meaning I personally can't view the Blu-Ray version at all, and quite a number of people will also have problems with the DVD-version.)
  • I have a question too. Do we know for an absolute fact that the Blu-Ray includes any actual deleted scenes? Since they searched for any camera negatives from the film, I would hope so, but now I have my doubts.

I ask since I popped in my Little Shop DVD, and I found out that the bloopers/gag reel is labeled as "Outtakes and Deleted Scenes", and all we know is that the Blu-Ray will include "Outtakes and deleted scenes with optional commentary." To me, that sounds like "The gag reel from the previous DVD, now with optional commentary." Also, I find it a bit unlikely that they would have Frank Oz and/or others record commentary for deleted scenes, but not the film. (Though I have seen it done before. [I'm looking at you, Alice in Wonderland Blu-Ray!])

I hope there are some, but I'll believe it when I see it.