About:

Welcome

Rosewater demos on youtube

edited November 2011 in Songs
This channel doesn't have a ton of views, but it has some great stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyAshmanDemos

Comments

• Please subscribe to it, so I know I'm doing it right. :)
  • Is this your channel?
  • Yeah. BUT, I never take any credit for anything in the videos, and Howard is one of my idols, and I consider him one of the best, if not THE best, lyricists and writers that ever and will ever exist. I've never, nor will I ever, post anything derogatory towards him, and I created the channel as a sort-of tribute, and for a way for fans like myself, and those who visit this site, to hear his songs from the mouth of the master himself.
  • I know that, and I appreciate it. Writing a blog about it, now.
  • Oh thank god! I was worried you would want it taken down!

And it means the world to me that you appreciate it. :)
  • Does anyone know where "The Worse He Treats Me" took place during Little Shop before it was cut? Was it replaced with "Somewhere That's Green", or did it take place at a different point?
  • edited November 2011
    I'm not sure it was ever kept in long enough to really have a place.
  • edited January 2012
    About to upload Alan's solo-demos to his musical-adaptation of The Honeymooners. Then, I'm finally gonna put together the demos videos for "Little Shop". :)
  • edited January 2012
    Just finished uploading the "half-sync" on Skid Row. I decided to release it here first before I "publicly release it." :)

I only synced the first half because, offically, the second half had to many differences to sync.

I'll soon upload the syncs to "Da Doo" and "Green for you guys. :)

Also, I'm still me. For some reason, I can't log on using my Facebook account, so I have to use my Twitter account.

EDIT: Da-Doo has been completed!
  • edited February 2012
    I have finished uploading the Little Shop demos. And, I completed a final, experimental sync for the set. I decided to try something I swore I would never do, and I edited Howard's demo to the reprise of "Green" to match Ellen Greene's vocals. I slowed it down, sped it up, and extended it with noise in places.

Though I'm happy with it, and I enjoyed putting it together, I'm not gonna try this type of sync again. The edits are just too noticeable.

And here's the link to the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD9927223E47151C5

Next up, Smile!

Maybe.... ;)
  • Hey, I just listened to the demos of Little Shop, and I gotta ask, how did you get ahold of all those demos? They're amazing. I'm listening to the demos that I haven't heard of yet like Feed Me and Suddenly Seymour among others. It...you just got your hands on a rare treasure, I gotta say. Thanks for making a channel dedicated towards all those songs.
  • edited February 2012
    Thanks! :)

Unfortunately, I had to find most of them on the internet. I'm not proud of it, but I have to when there's no alternative.
  • edited February 2012
    A note about the Little Shop demos. I was able to obtain another set that are a bit better quality. So, when I get the time, I'm gonna replace the ones I've uploaded with these ones.
  • Thanks so much for uploading those! You wouldn't happen to have a demo for "Mean Green Mother...", would you? I'd love to hear the evolution from "Bad."
  • I don't think there is one. It's like the song for Orin; there's a demo for "I Found a Hobby" but not for "Dentist!". And I think "Bad" was written early in the production process, before Twoie had been cast, and, when Mean Green Mother was written, he was at-least about to be cast, so a demo wasn't really needed. (Also, I think the original ending version of the song sounds a bit demo-esque in terms of the instrumentals.)

Also, your screen-name is awesome. :)
  • edited February 2012
    That's disappointing. I prefer Howard's take on Bad to the final demo... his Mean Green Mother would have been epic!
  • The only thing I don't really like about the Little Shop demos in general is that Alan is the one who sings most of the songs while Howard recites the dialog. I'm fine with the way Alan sounds, but I would love to hear Howard singing for Audrey II.
  • edited February 2012
    Here's an interesting find that I just uploaded. Here is an audience recording, from late 1982, of a performance of Little Shop by the original cast.

Act I:

Act II:
  • I was gonna upload this on Wednesday, but, as luck would have it, I lost all access to the internet on Tuesday.

And does anyone know if "Sheridan Square" was written for a specific purpose, or was it just a song Howard needed to write?
  • edited March 2012
    Another teaser. :)

• Hey! I finally had time for a few new uploads! Here is audio of a preview performance for the original Broadway production of Little Shop:

• edited December 2012
    Hey! Look who finally got off their butt and finished labeling Howard's demos to Smile! :D

You may find them here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2FE5CCF21D06BAB1

Also, I re-edited the "Green reprise" experimental sync using the color footage. You may view it here:
  • I've had a fairly productive day. Just finished the cast demos to "Smile". :) http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRERT83TDlSQ2810N2x5zqHqXRIlR9TlL
  • edited December 2012
    Been working all week, so I haven't had a chance to upload anything big, but I did get a chance to upload AND transcribe a slightly extended, HD version of "Alan Talks Little Shop #1: Origins."

Also, I found a recording of the final preview of "Smile." I'm working on a video for Act 2 right now, but here's Act 1. (If anything is messed up audio wise, IE anything missing or out of place, let me know and I'll see if I can fix it.)
  • I finally bought "The Music Behind the Magic", so before the infamous e-mail was received, I uploaded the demo/final sync to Kiss the Girl. (It's so beautiful and wonderful, I had to stop about three or four times and regain control of my emotions.)

Also, I had to restore "The Meek Shall Inherit" so we could see the full sequence for the first time instead of just the rediscovered segment on it's own:
  • Got a hold of all the demos to "The Nightmare Before Christmas," so I decided to take a break from Howard demos and upload those. Uploaded "This is Halloween", about to do a demo sync to "Jack's Lament".

(Ignore the crappy job at the end. I used a new video format in Windows Live Movie Maker, and, it short, it broke me.)
  • I have a computer for a bit, so I decided to work on the Little Mermaid demo syncs. Here is "Part of Your World"

More to come... :)