About:

Welcome

Howard Ashman Concert/Benefit in NYC on 6/3

edited May 2013 in Theater
I happened to be at the Laurie Beechman theatre recently and noticed a poster advertising "A Part of Our World: Honoring the Life and Lyrics of Howard Ashman." It's apparently a 90 minute concert of Howard's work sung by current Broadway folk, and the proceeds from it are going to AIDS Walk NY. It's being done through Gay Men's Health Crisis. Needless to say, I made a reservation and can't wait!

There's more information as to who's performing, a songlist (which looks very exciting), and how to make reservations at GMHC's website about the concert. That can be found here:

http://www.gmhc.org/donate/special-events/a-part-of-our-world

Comments

• I also made a reservation for tomorrow-- should be good!
  • I wish I'd known you were there. I'd been in London and just got back in time for the show. How do you think it went?
  • It's always a pleasure to hear his (and Alan's) material! I had honestly not heard of many of the actors performing, and I was pleasantly surprised by their performances. It's always great-- for me, at least-- to hear up and coming singer/actors. I had a similar experience at Adam Guettel's 54 Below show in February. Adam and Steven Pasquale sang with a young woman named Whitney Bashor, who I'd never heard of. She was wonderful! There's lots of talent out there!

I'm really glad GMHC put it together, and that they have plans on giving an award in Howard's name to artists active in the fight against AIDS.